The Department of Commerce (U.G.) had been started in the year 1983. The department is having an intake capacity of 120 students for U. G. for first year. The strength of the department is- having well equipped computer lab, LAN connection and internet facility. The department has offered innovative subjects like E-Commerce , Internet & World Wide Web (IWWW), Money & Financial System (MFS) and Computer Fundamentals & Operating System (CFS) that would definitely helpful to the students in the current global scenario, which will definitely help them to grab the job opportunities in future. The department often arranges guest lectures which boost the students in a new way & let them know in different practical way.
The department aims at creating job opportunities in IT, Accounting and Industries to the students in the leading service sectors i.e. in banking, insurance and various industries. The department also aims at creating a new era of students in masters of commerce degree under banking & insurance specialization.
- To avail the under graduation facility to the students of the rural region.
- To create job opportunities and get them placed.
- To create research activities by the way of preparing project reports from the students.
- To avail them practical knowledge through training and project work thereon.
- The department again thinks of assistance and consultancy in different industrial sectors.
Courses offered: Undergraduate courses (Bachelor of Commerce).
Academic & Co-curricular Activity:
- Guest Lectures
- Group discussions
- Personal Interviews
- Workshop at regular intervals
- Principal G. M. Agrawal is the Senate member of S.G.B.A.U. Amravati. He was the member of Board of Studies (B.O.S.) in Accounts and Applied Statistics during the academic years from 2008 to 2013.
- Associate Professor R. M. Tated is the life member of Indian Commerce Association (ICA) and Life Member of Indian Journal of Accounting. He was the member of Board of Studies (B.O.S.) in Business Management and elected as Faculty Member during the academic years from 2008 to 2013.
- Associate Professor R. F. Rathod was the member of Board of Studies (B.O.S.) in Commerce during the academic years from 1995 to 2000. He is a Coordinator of YCMOU unit.
- Prof. V. R. Mahure is the life member of Indian Commerce Association (ICA) and Life Member of Indian Journal of Accounting. He was the member of Board of Studies (B.O.S.) in Business Economics and Faculty Member during the academic years from 2003 to 2008 and 2008 and 2013.And he is working as a Nodal Officer of AISHE since 2010 till date.
- Well Equipped Computer Laboratory & Projector.