The Central Library is situated at the center of the college building. The set up of the library is arranged in such a way that there should be optimum use of all the available space. Though the area of library is compact, it has been playing pivotal role in the academic and cultural activities of the campus. Airy and natural lighted reading room is available for students and staff. All the books in library have been placed in transparent book cases for open access. The Library has variety of books of all the faculties that is Arts, Commerce and Science. Collections of such books which are the mile stone in Marathi literature are accessed by the library. Collection of the competitive exam books is also available in the library. In addition to this the library also consist of books on personality development, selected books of English literature, biographies, autobiographies, fiction, dramas, well reputed magazines, journals, newspapers, dictionaries, thesaurus encyclopedia, etc.
Information and communication technology influences almost all fields in our life. To cope with the changing circumstances the library provides computer and internet facility to the students and faculties. The library has a computer section with OPAC, few E- books and E- encyclopedias. The library concentrates on providing reading facilities and cautious about overall development of the students.
Expanding horizon of knowledge and learning by dissemination information to the users.
- To develop a resourceful collection of books for students and faculty.
- To develop and strengthen the library as supportive system to teaching and learning Process.
- To supply quality reading material in different forms which would bring about diversity in the user’s reading that would ensure their balanced intellectual development.
- To foster and admit ‘the right to read’ of every student and develop their reading and writing skills, and give freedom to them to develop their own liking and outlook.
- To develop self-study skills of students using information sources available in the library.
- To provide updated library services by implementing computerization scheme at the library.
- To take active part in educational planning and plan various schemes supporting the curriculum.
- To prepare budget of the library and to ensure to expend funds received annually as per rule.
- To run extracurricular activities such as book exhibition, lecture series, debate and essay competition to provide the opportunities for the students to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to access library resources.
- To play an active role wherever possible in every curriculum-supporting activities held in the college.
- To record the feedback of library services and various schemes planned by library.
- To introduce students to the library by way of library orientation and make them aware about library services.
Library at Galnce
|Total No of Books
|Total No of Journals & Periodicals
|Total No of Maps
|Subscriber of SGBA University Consortia Project for online E-Journals
|Computer Nodes for Users
|Competitive exam books
Sections of Library
Library Services & Facilities
- Lending Service
- Reference Service
- News Paper Clippings
- Reading room service
- Assistance to Student’s Projects.
- O P A C
- Information/computer Literacy guidance
- Providing Related Information to students for elocution, debate, essay competition and Assignments.
- Assistance to cultural Activities.
- Computer & Internet Facility
- E-encyclopedia & Full text journal service
- Career Counseling
- Classified List of Articles published in Magazines
- Bound Volumes of Magazines & Journals
- University paper set collection
- Book Exhibition
- Book Seminar, Book Week
- Review of Good Books by Students and Faculties
- Publicity to Good Books by PPTs
- Preparation of Database for frequently asked questions
- Preparation of Book List for Users
- Preparation of Wall Magazines,
- Publicity to Campus News
- Round Table Discussion on Particular Author, Poet or Book
- Consultation in the Selection of suitable books for general reading or references.
- Book Donation Camp
- Assistance in PPT of Student’s Projects.
- Good Reader Award
- Organization of Information Literacy Programme
- Book Reservation Facility
Future Plan of Library
- Fully Computerize Library
- Development of Biblio Therapy Programme
- Collection of Manuscript
- Connect the library with the University library and other college libraries for sharing information.
|Mr. S.V. Wankhade
| M.Com., MLISc. (SET)
|Mr. P.Y. Patil